Friday, March 18, 2011

a prayer for japan & a don't miss new cd

if you happen to call or text me while i'm driving
anytime in the near future
i won't hear you.
i will however have this cd cranked up
wide open
& be singing along.
actually we won't hear you if you call our seldom used land line either.
every one of my girls also has the cd blasting from their computers & ipods!

passion has put out several worship cd's over the years.
i think each time they release a new cd i am convinced it is my new favorite and it won't be topped.
yet they do it time & time again.

their latest cd, here for you , is incredible!!
& most definitely my favorite cd.
ever.
no lie.



one of my favorite songs is always by kristian stanfill.
in this song, he quotes scripture from psalm 121.
oh how i love that psalm.

with the recent events in japan, i've been praying this scripture
& listening to that song over & over again.
i know He hears our prayers as we cry out for them.

a friend forwarded us the following video.
it's of louie praying sunday night at our church for japan.
the video is about 10 minutes long, but half of it is the worship team singing the song "always".
i'm pretty sure since the song is under copyright that it may not be up there for long.
but for now...




"My foes are many, they rise against me
But I will hold my ground
I will not fear the war, I will not fear the storm
My help is on the way, my help is on the way

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always

Troubles surround me, chaos abounding
My soul will rest in You
I will not fear the war, I will not fear the storm
My help is on the way, my help is on the way

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always

I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord"

here's another link of a way to help
go to do something now & click on urgent relief for japan.

& if you're local 
passion meets this sunday at The Tabernacle.
maybe i'll see you there!

10 comments:

Susan R said...

Love it. I just bought the CD on iTunes.
Japan will prevail and they will overcome. They are a people of faith and what what said is so true..."Everything else will be shaken around us, but our God will not. He will always be there and He will always be strong."
I recently heard someone ask why God allows things like this to happen. It made me sad to read the words, but it also provided a moment to share His word. We remain faithful and immovable in our love and belief in Him so that when we are welcomed home He will say to us, "Well done thou good and faithful servant."
We praise Him through the good times and we praise Him through the bad. We have to remain strong and faithful even in our trials.
I still have work to do in this.

Alecia said...

Good stuff...I'll have to check out the CD! Thanks for sharin'!

My prayer for Japan is that the goodness of the Lord would spread, they would come to know Him as their One true God who LOVES them with a LOVE no other god could ever give! I pray for the families that have been separated from this....I pray they find comfort in a God who desires to be their Comforter. I pray many will rise up to serve this country and to share the Love of Christ...this is a prime moment...the fields are ripe! Thank You Lord for the miraculous things You will do in and through this tragedy...You are a faithful God and I trust You will use this for good. Amen!

Libby@LighoftheHome said...

Beautiful song! Really pulls out that heart for worship within me. Thanks for sharing!

slip4 said...

I love the music that you share with us. Thanks for introducing me to passion and this CD.

tlj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

I saw this on itunes the other day and it made me think of you. :) On my way to check it out now. Have a great weekend. xo

Douglasfam said...

you are right! best cd. ever.
perhaps we'll make it to passion this week. usually go to buckhead but running the atl half so will miss our usual morning service. thanks for the update!

Anonymous said...

I am new to your blog and love the positive message you post..You have a beautiful home and children and a husband that when I read your story brought tears to my eyes..But as for the post..The people of Japan are hurting so badly now and need all of our thoughts and prayers..Thank you for your post and your information on the cd..I will have to check it out..

Janie Fox said...

Loved the video...on my way to buy the cd. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Beautiful song! What a wonderful church!! Blessings to you.