Sunday, June 14, 2009

a mermaid, a bribe, curlies,& book covers






For all of you out there with your own little mermaids, i wanted to share a painting project i did with Caroline a couple of summers ago. I love hand print paintings & have framed many that the girls have created over the years. i think its pretty self explanatory--all the tiny dots are made by using their fingertips, we added some fine glitter to her scales & some sequins to the top of her tail. i also used canvas instead of art paper. i prefer that artsy look!




so , speaking of my little mermaid
the other day we were out shopping & she found some shoes that she just
"had to have"
i made a deal
i'd buy the shoes if she promised to wear Lilly at least once a week

sold

the next day we were getting ready for church
she comes in all dressed in Lilly
"I'm keeping my promise mama"


incidentally
the shoes give her blisters so she's only worn them twice
but the Lilly deal lives on



















since this blog post is all over the place


i figured why not throw in some pictures of cek's curly hair after playing in the pool all day

which is where i live now
which is why my house is .....well, you can imagine


she still looks like such a baby girl in these pictures
she's getting a couple of braces on her front teeth later this summer
she's so excited

i however am completely smitten with that gap toothed wrinkled nose grin
guessing she won't look like my baby for long

sigh






























i've previously confessed that i am hopelessly devoted to any book sporting a great cover

you know the cliche though

i guess i should finally learn my lesson
because despite its fabulous cover--
i thought "girls in trucks" was awful
yuckcomplete disappointment
the ending--ugh

but because i had actually purchased this one
( with a coupon none the less)
i was bound & determined to finish feeling certain it would have some redeeming quality


seriously, with a cover like this
wouldn't you have thought the same?


on the other hand

i enjoy patti callahan henry & feel certain these books , with their equally fantastic covers
will be winners
they will be heading out with me in 6 sleeps to seaside!! white dresses & sand dollars
surely these will be an incredible
i'll keep you posted







just finished true colors
definitely better than the girl/truck fiasco
but not quite as wonderful as firefly lane--a must read

hmmm... i think there are beaches and seashells on each of these covers
i'm sensing a theme
xo

23 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for all the book recommendations. It's been a long time since I've been able to get through a whole book and I miss it. Maybe this summer will finally be my chance. :)

Love all the pics and your daughter's Lily dress. She is adorable.

And I love the mermaid! I will have to do that with my kids. They'd love.

Have a wonderful summer!
xo

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

I LOVE the mermaid painting. What a terrific idea!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the mermaid painting! AND could you look more beautiful!!!!!

Jodee said...

I love the mermaid artwork. I may have to borrow that idea for Kamree.

I love the pictures of you and your sweet girl!

Unknown said...

Love the painting...and Caroline is adorable in her Lilly..

annie

Heather said...

i LOVE your book recs ... keep them coming. my mom and i are keeping a 'Paige List' of must reads ;)

love the curly hair ... LOVE.

of course my A.C. is in Lily at LEAST 2 times a week. wouldn't have it any other way and it brings me SUCH JOY to know that it is OK for her to continue that for a few more years.....

I could only DREAM that my house was as clutter free as yours. I am looking for a post on the clutter areas ... and if you don't post it, I'm coming over unannounced to be sure that you are too good to be true :) [I already know you are - just an excuse to come see you]

going to do the mermaid this week. wait on our picture. i throw away a LOT of things the kids bring home, but i would NEVER throw anything away with handprints.

xo
HH

Deb said...

Paige.....you are ALWAYS such an inspiration when I stop by. I love your mermaid picture and so love the pics of you and Caroline too! Hope you are enjoying your summer so far!

Kristin said...

Gorgeous pictures of you two! Just beautiful! Lovin, the painting and your book read roll too. The painting on the dresser/vanity made me think, oh, I wish people could truly see inside your home besides the images. In real life, with family smiles and little touches everywhere flowing through. They would well be smitten and not want to leave....EVER!

Jboo said...

Gorgeous photos!! Don't know if that little one of yours could take any cuter pictures! And you two together -- so sweet!

Thanks for all the book tips. Am headed on a road trip and needed some recommendations!

Have a great vacay to Seaside!

Janet

Jennifer said...

Love the book reading ideas....can't wait to see the photos when you get back from vacation..........God's blessings and safety as you travel.......

Janelle said...

What a cutie she is and you look amazing yourself! Her dress and shoes are adorbale. You tell her that those shoes are worth the painful blisters...lol

the wild raspberry said...

i'd have got sucked in with that title and cover as well.
great mermaid art...i really need that lamp next to it! my girlie has that bedding but i've never seen the lamp before. really cute.
have a wonderful week.
chasity

Lisa said...

I love, love, love the mermaid painting! I can't wait to have a daughter of my own so I can do fun stuff like that. I also was disappointed by Girls in Trucks, such a cute cover but the inside was a let down. I adore Patti Callahan Henry. I recently found her and have read everything she has written so far and have not been disappointed.

Sandy said...

Thank you for sharing the handprint mermaid and the beautiful pictures of your daughter! Cherish every moment. I enjoyed making handprint pictures with my 3 kids, too, but hadn't seen the mermaid. Love your blog!

Farmgirl Paints said...

That little mermaid painting was adorable. We have several handprint things, but none I would actually want to display. I loved that!

Your little one is beyond beautiful. I know you are a proud mama:)

Thanks for the book recommendations. I am always on the hunt for a new read.

southernjoy said...

super cute mermaid!

I'll pass that along to friends with girls. Don't think my boys would enjoy that one!

Jeanne Oliver said...

Beautiful photos of the two of you. OK..I totally bought Girls In Trucks because of the cover. I also thought..how could the book be bad with a cover like that! That book stunk and I am so mad that it wasted my time...ok, I'm done complaining. Thanks for giving me the venue to gripe about that dang book:-)

Kasey said...

love the curls...love the book cover...can you come do some crafts with my kids??
and i love that book cover girls in trucks?
hmmmm. lots of love there.
xo
p.s. are you on your way to visit or WHAT?!

Wendy said...

Hello! I so love that mermaid art! I'm going to have to do that for sure!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

That mermaid painting is so cute....and it looks fantastic on your table....I love your sense of style and decorating. Your house just seems so cozy and inviting!!

Such sweet pics of your adorable curly haired girl....I also adore the pics of the two of you:)

Enjoy your summer!!

xoxo

Lisa

Brooke Ahana Bailey said...

If I were paying for a blog subscription I think I'd really get my moneys worth with you Paige. I'm glad you found me out there in blogworld and will keep up to date with your doings now too. I want the Lily dress in my size first of all. Your daughter is just precious and I've added your book recommendations to my list so thank you! Oh and perhaps I'll be having my students do fingerprint paintings this summer, this reminded me how fun they are.

fleur de lis cottage said...

Love the mermaid artwork. What a fun craft to do with you daughter.

Love all the sweet pics!!

Anonymous said...

hi every person,

I identified paigeknudsen.blogspot.com after previous months and I'm very excited much to commence participating. I are basically lurking for the last month but figured I would be joining and sign up.

I am from Spain so please forgave my speaking english[url=http://sportsnewsit.info/forum].[/url][url=http://tesmartthoughts.info/forum].[/url][url=http://latesttrendsrs.info/].[/url]