Monday, March 30, 2009

pop~pop

~ herb and his sisters circa 1923~


Dan's precious daddy is very sick. His sister called late last night and explained some symptoms that pop pop was experiencing. She & I talked and felt like he needed to get to the emergency room immediately.

Dan & I are headed there now....things sound very, very serious. The preliminary report is that he is in renal failure.

He was perfectly fine a week ago when he came and took all the girls out for icecream, perfectly fine.

You might remember that last summer his dear wife, Dan's mom went to be with the Lord.

Please pray for this precious man and for the doctors treating him

....a sweeter man you will not find.

16 comments:

ellieshine said...

Sending big hugs :) I will be praying for Pop Pop and for all of you . . .

Anonymous said...

Praying for ya'll and for your sweet FIL.

Melissa said...

Saying a prayer for you and yours today, especially Pop Pop. May God's peace sustain you.

Kasey said...

absolutely Paige.
My heart is with you and Dan.
xo

Kristin said...

Pray I will most definitely.
I pray your hearts feel God near and just feel peace and just praying for wisdom and for the Dr.'s and nurses for their thoughts to be clear concerning him and to give Herb the best care and gentleness.
Love to you my tender friend.

the wild raspberry said...

so sorry to hear this...may God be with the doctors as they do their jobs and may HE be with you and your family through this difficult time.
chasity

southernjoy said...

I'm sorry to hear this... prayers of healing and of comfort for your family.

Janelle said...

Thank you for sharing this and for giving us all the opportunity to pray for him. My heart goes out to you and your family. The power of prayer can move mountains!

Jennifer said...

I'm on it. May God hold your family close.......

cathypentonatelier said...

Hey honey you are all in my thoughts. Sending the biggest hugs from the other side of the world!!! Love Cath xx

Wendy said...

I will be praying. Best wishes.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa

Julie said...

Your FIL and your family are in my prayers. *hugs*

mimi charmante said...

Is it crazy that this post brought me to tears? I will pray for him, for all of you as a matter of fact.
Thinking of you Paige,
xo

Jboo said...

So sorry to hear that Dan's dad is ill. Keeping him and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Janet

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I hear it is your bday!!! Hope it is a special one:)

Best wishes my friend!

Lisa