Monday, November 24, 2008

Thankful for you my handsome man


This week we truly have so much to be thankful for,

not the least of which is my sweet hubby's 50th birthday!


My soulmate, my best friend, the keeper of all secrets.

He never fails to enter a room without a touch , a hug , or at minimum- a "mwah" from across the room.

He is an honest & loyal husband. He is selfless & loves unconditionally.

He never responds in haste. He loves our daughters with a tender strength.

He wipes away tears, listens intently, holds hands, & loves to spend time individually with each one. Never complains, goes to my favorite vacation spot as if it were his favorite one too, lets me choose movies, music, our out-to-eat destinations and....well....basically he lets me choose just about everything. & daily reader of my blog.....

Happy 50th handsome.....

I pray I can spend your next 50 years showing you how much I love you!

xo






















Couple of things.....several of you emailed or asked about Caroline's plum velvet skirt. It is from a dutch line Jottum and I purchased it a couple of years ago......& yes , I too would love one for myself!


Each year I have the delusions of grandeur....thoughts that i will be "all caught up" with crafts and projects so that I can enjoy the holidays. Well sure enough, each year Thanksgiving rolls around and I realize I didn't quite get there...any one else feel that way?

My goal really is to simplify my decorations & my goals this holiday season . I love having my home decorated but I want to only use my favorite items, not pull out every single Christmas item & try to find a place for it. That wears me out & usually looks too cluttered in my home anyway.

For months now I have raced out each morning to head to the gym. Once it has started to cool down I really love to spend more time feathering my nest. I can run a couple of miles around my neighborhood & finish much quicker than spending a couple hours at the gym...but i do need to be careful & not put back on the weight i have lost so far! But I want to enjoy my home, plan yummy meals, keep things peaceful so that when my family returns from their busy days their home is a calm haven not a dirty unorganized place where mom is in a tizzy....well, that's the goal anyway. And its also very very important to me that I am spiritually in a place to focus on the true meaning of Christmas.


well....here are a few layouts from Jenni Bowlins sept or oct kit...can't remember which & i've already confessed i'm behind...but i'm ok with that!






















Happy Happy Thanksgiving

to each one of you.

May your homes be blessed!!!



23 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Happy Birthday to your Husband...what a terrific man you have there!!

Love those beautiful pics and scrap pages....they look awesome!

Hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Tell your husband 50 is the new and improved 30...LOL!! You guys are a beautiful family! Yes keeping Christmas simple is my goal this year. Being with family, enjoying the conversation, the togetherness, playing Scrabble, good food are gifts to me.

I gave away a lot of my Christmas decor, bought a few new things to go with my new colors and kept it very simple.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Shawn Seay said...

What a beautiful family you have, inside and out. Very touching. Your words make me want to be a better wife. Thank you for those. Blessings.

Jboo said...

Wow -- you do the most beautiful posts! Happy Birthday to your Hub --he sounds very sweet and you two are an adorable couple!

Thanksgiving sneaked up on me too. Have a good one with your lovely familY!
Janet

Rachel said...

Happy 50th to your terrific husband :)

Love those layouts! You have such an eye for pretty things :)

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Coack K!!!

If only every man was as lucky to look like you do at 50!!!!I just figured out that I met you 21 years ago!!!! You were such a baby and I thought youw were such an old man!!!

Funny!
Paige ... I want to see pics of your decor when you get it up!

HH

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

Hey Sweetie!
Happy birthday to you hunk-a-hunaka :D

I love your LO's. I keep meaning to call you and I have been like you - thinking that I am caught up ans still so far behind! My D called me into his office today and he is wisking us off for the holidays in the morning! We have to do lunch when I get back!

Ladybug hugs,
;D

Anonymous said...

"Happy Birthday" - please give your hubby that little message from me. Do it up big - you're only turn 50 once! I love reading about your family and looking at your beautiful photographs. Be thankful! Hugs and more ...

Kasey said...

super sweet post! Happy, safe Thanksgiving to you!
k-

Clare said...

happy thanksgiving paige! i totally hear you! i am usually making sure i have an hour and a half to two hours to be at the gym and get back home. i have been trying to focus on being home more the past few weeks, not rushing to the gym with bradley after his nap. i just want to be baking and decorating...i will get back to it in january!!

Anonymous said...

Your family is gorgeous. Happy Thanksgiving.

3 Peanuts said...

Happy birthday to your hubby! He sounds wonderful and that is just what you deserve!!!! you are so cute together in the photos!!!

Have a GREAT Thanksgiving!

Kim

Beth said...

such a wonderful post !!! i have had sooo much fun catching up on your blog and all the wonderful photos !! love the ones by the barn in the old chair !!
have a wonderful holiday !!!!!
xo,
beth

Deb said...

Happy 50th to your husband Paige! You have such a beautiful family...inside and out!!

We are trying to simplify the holdays this year too and take more time to enjoy the season...it can get very complicated otherwise!

We wish you and your family a very blessed Thanksgiving!

cammy said...

Best wishes to the birthday boy!

I am looking forward to simplifying our holiday decorating as well. Love your scrapbook pages :)

Wishing you are your lovely family a blessed Thanksgiving.
Cammy

Jen Kershner said...

Happy birthday to your handsome hubby. I'm not sure which of you is luckier!

I love your scrapbook pages. They are the simple style that I'm drawn to and make me want to actually scrapbook again.

I simplified last Christmas and loved it. I plan on carrying on that theme as much as possible this year too although my family has made it clear that having one tree isn't going to cut it this year.

Michelle said...

I enjoy following your blog, and darling family. I know you spend time in Seaside, and our family was planning to head there this summer... and was hoping you might have a recommendation of a site or even a great place to rent a home.
Thanks in advance, Michelle

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! Happy Birthday to Hubby - welcome to the other side!!!!!!!

Jeanne Oliver said...

Love this post. You have such a beautiful family. The picture of you with your husband is so sweet! On a separate note...I just signed up for JB kits. I have been doing Scarlet Lime for awhile and wanted to try JB too. I can't wait.

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

wow, I know I'm late, but I hope your husband had a wonderful birthday. I love all of the pictures of your family. I trust you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.

RobinfromCA said...

A belated happy 50th to your husband! And a great daddy as well!

I broke my shoulder 3 days before Thanksgiving so I will join you in the simple Christmas this year. Who knows, it may become a tradition!

Love the 2nd Grade layout!

Misty said...

you have a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing those pictures. Your boot story makes me laugh. Did you get the red ones yet?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby....it's so special that you two share such genuine love!
SPeaking of love, LOVE the boots from Anthro...good for you on not giving up :)
Janae