Sunday, June 10, 2007

The love of a family

The new cd from Martina Mcbride, Waking Up Laughing is wonderful. Has to be my favorite of hers & she is my all time favorite female vocalist. The lyrics are simply beautiful & her voice is truly magical. One of the songs brings me to tears each time I hear it. House of a 1000 Dreams is a sweet tender song about the love of a family. You have to hear it but I wanted to share any way.....talks about a dad working hard to provide for his family only to feel as if the imperfections of their home is a disappointment to them. The mom loves the dad , thinks he's wonderful & will make the best of the situation. But the sweetest part is the end where it talks about the children....how much their parents love each other & how this gives them security. & how they hope they live forever in this home, obviously blissfully unaware of its perfections. wow---its such a tender reminder how much our children love for us to love our spouses & what a secure place that gives them to enjoy life. how so often we spend our time worrying about things that don't ultimately matter anyway....

i probably messed up the imagery but its a lovely cd!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paige, thank you so much for sharing the cd AND these precious, precious photos...my heart is truly touched by your love of God and family. {I'm heading to iTunes right now} :)