Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sweet Emily Austin













Sweet Emi....that's been your little nickname for sometime now & you are just that....such a sweet girl. This summer you will turn 11 years old~ I can't believe how grown up you are. I am so proud of how well you have done in school this year. I know last year was maybe harder for you than you realize, but you have done great. You are a hard worker & you love to learn.




You have been "playing school" since you were a little girl. Each year you are so in love with your school teacher. Every year we think, how will next year beat the last & it does! You love to come home & act out the events of your day--so sweet!



You began asking to play violin when you were about 7 or 8 years old. I love listening to you! You make such a beautiful violinist!



You love Dancing with the Stars & American Idol. You love spaghetti , macaroni and cheese, and our new Robin miller recipe-creamy fusili with chicken and mushrooms. I love when you help me in the kitchen.


You are my sweet spirited, non competitive, kind , tenderhearted, gentle child. You are compassionate. You are a deep thinker. You usually full of laughter and on the days you aren't, it just means you have a full load that day. But Emi, if I could choose my favorite word to describe you it would be loyal. You are an amazingly loyal friend. You are an amazingly loyal sister. When we saw the movie "Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe" ( part of the Narnia chronicles) Dad & I were both so moved the character Lucy. She so quickly forgave Edmund. She asked no questions- just loved him. That's exactly how you are!




You were only 10 weeks old when your daddy Gregg passed away. But the amazing gift the Lord gave me was that you look just like him! You have the same happy spirit that both Grandma Miller & your great grandpa Sousley have! When you were a baby, our friends called you Gregga for that very reason.




One of my favorite memories...You asked me if you could join me on my daily walk/jog. You reached for my hand & held it the entire two miles....what a memory in my heart....the feel of your sweet hand in mine.




I am so proud of you. I love you dearly. Please know you have a special place in our family that no one else can fill. God created you to be YOU!


I love you my angel baby!







4 comments:

Kristin said...

Now that I am all tear filled, I have to say that you love your children with your whole heart! You cherish your family and hold their tender hearts close. I love sweet Emi too, my tender, smile filled, Sarah Evans, brown eyed little friend.

Anonymous said...

Oh my Paige, I am now weeping. I love how you know your kids inside and out. Thank you for sharing this.
Ann

Nancy said...

You do an incredible job at seeing the treasure inside each of your girls.

Anonymous said...

I found your site by mistake -- Do you know that Emily (Mutter Adams) Austin is a retired famous violin teacher and brillant violinist, the first woman to play in the Detroit Symphony Orchstra.
As one of here former students, I can tell you she was a wonderful pedagogue, and a sweeter person.
May your daughter continue to love music and the violin.